Art Van Furniture, Michigan’s premier furniture retailer and one of America’s top 20 furniture retailers, is seeking a Coordinator – Custom Order Processes to support our corporate Merchandising department.
In this role, reporting to the Merchandising leadership, you will act as the primary communications conduit between the Vendor/Suppliers, Buyers, Store Associates and the Special Order Department. The goal of this position is to ensure that entire custom order process at Art Van Furniture is streamlined, documented, easily understood by the sales team and well communicated to all locations, maximizing our custom order sales. Specific duties include:
· Setting up and maintaining all custom order information programs, including: catalogs, swatch racks, order information, etc.
· Work with Buyers to standardize and communicate new and existing programs to stores and sales teams.
· Respond to and resolve issues and questions relating to special order processes and procedures.
· Communicate changes and updates to stores, maintaining strong lines of communications with store teams.
· Work with the company’s training and development team to develop training content.
· Work with the company’s visual merchandising team to develop point-of-purchase materials.
The position requires:
· Three or more years in retail / wholesale
· Experience with Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
· Experience with buying/merchandising is highly desired.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
· Although not required, a four-year degree in business, purchasing or a related field is highly desired.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package including profit sharing and a 401(k). If you are interested, apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com