The Internal Auditor reports to the Manager of Internal Audit, and is responsible for examining, analyzing and verifying the company’s compliance, operational and financial activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of compliance, financial and other operation controls to ensure effective control at reasonable costs.
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with established policies, procedures and business practices to ensure effective operations.
- Partner with audit clients to identify constructive and value-added solutions to address issues identified.
- Recommend operation improvements which ensure that proper controls are exercised over all aspects of the business and that company assets are conserved, protected and accurately reflected.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of audit results and strive to improve their communication to appropriate management levels to maximize the value of audit services.
- Appraise the quality of performance of audited groups in carrying out their assigned responsibilities to ensure a proper balance of controls to risks, which removes unnecessary complexity, and adopts cost effective measures.
- Consult with business clients to redesign/re-engineer business processes. Identify opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening management controls.
- Other assignments, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 2 years public accounting, internal audit, or compliance experience
- SOX experience preferred
- CPA/CIA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Conn’s is PROUD to be an equal opportunity employer.