Senior Manager Internal AuditJob Description: Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Risk Management, the Senior Manager Internal Audit at Conn’s, will assist in developing the Internal Audit capability and provide objective, innovative assurance and advisory services in a fast paced, dynamic retail and credit environment. The position will maintain the overall responsibility for the internal audit functions, including audits conducted internally as well as those completed by the outsourced internal audit firms. Will direct the audit calendar and conduct audits to assess effectiveness of internal controls; verify compliance with all company policies and procedures; verify compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations; verify accuracy of accounting practices, reporting systems, financial records, and recommend corrective measures in an effort to achieve the Company’s vision, mission, and values.Responsibilities:
• Obtain and maintain a broad and in-depth understanding of Conn’s business and its internal/external environment, keep current of new programs or business changes and the relevant risk implications, and incorporate this understanding in risk based audit projects.
• Leverage in-depth knowledge of key business focus areas such as the retail division, distribution/service division, sales & marketing programs, human resources, information technology, etc. to ensure the successful development of risk assessments, critical drivers of business risk and identification of value added business process improvements.
• Partner with the different business divisions to proactively identify key risk areas, develop risk mitigation strategies, and raise management’s overall awareness and understanding of current and forward looking risks.
• Define expectations for each audit project including objectives, initial planning activities, key contacts, and scope of the project.
• Supervise audit team members’ performance and quality of output to meet the overall project objectives
• Provide recommendations and best practices related to the design and/or improvements of key business activities
• Ensure that identified business process improvements are resolved in a timely manner consistent with the exposure to the company
• Develop and train department members by sharing audit and content expertise
Successful candidates will posses advanced proficiency of the fundamental audit competencies (risk management & control, communication, business acumen, influence, problem solving, financial analysis) in addition to demonstrated proficiency of the following competencies:
• Communicates and align goals with key stakeholders. Cultivates channels of communication to keep stakeholders involved. • Actively builds a network of relationships with peers and management and leverages them to gain business understanding and identify key risk areas.
• Builds productive team utilizing differing skill sets and perspectives, prioritizes team objectives and manages scope, manages and reconciles conflicting team member opinions, takes responsibility for team output including mistakes
• Solid performance management by setting clear performance expectations that align with individual capabilities/development areas to drive increase results, incorporates coaching and development into daily team member conversations, uses rewards and recognition methods that are motivating and meaningful to team members. Experience & Education:
• BA with 10+ years of internal audit experience or an MBA with 5+years of internal audit experience.
• CIA, CFE, CISA and/or CPA preferred.
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing internal audit projects and teams.
• Experience conducting audits of a retail and/or finance organizations.
The position will be based in North Dallas with periodic travel to the corporate headquarters in Beaumont, Texas.