SUMMARY: Performs service on equipment including alarm systems, CCTV, Card Access and Fire Alarms and associated components for National Account and Commercial customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Lead Service Technician may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
- Acknowledge, implement and enforce all protection one Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain an on-going library of all Protection One Policies, Procedures ad Technical Manuals.
- Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor (Billing, Reports, Data Entry Information, and Time Cards).
- Attend classroom and field training as required.
- Comply with Protection One's vehicle policy.
- Maintain good driving record.
- Maintain the appropriate Truck Stock Supplies/Tools/Equipment.
- Maintain the appropriate basic hand tools necessary to perform required duties.
- Perform New System service.
- Perform System Additions.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repair of advanced installations using test equipment and PC's.
- Ensure compliance with all local codes and manufacturer specifications.
- Ability to perform installation of concealed devices and wiring.
- Ability to perform advanced system design.
- Ability to read diagrams and blueprints.
- Must have working knowledge of local and national codes including NFPA and NEC.
- Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming, and testing.
- Must have working knowledge of equipment
- Direct daily work assignment of others on multiple projects assigned.
- Must have leadership skills to direct labor resources including level I technicians, level II technicians and subcontractors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Good customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Driving a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours.
- Working around 120-volt electricity.
- The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and five years minimum commercial alarm industry installation technician experience or equivalent or proof of equivalent knowledge and skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicable state and local licenses where required.
- Complete within 12 months of being in the position, certifications related to products, e.g. Nicet II, Microsoft, IP Network, ProWatch and or CASI certified.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce