SUMMARY: Management of all installation and service if alarm systems within a specified geographic region. Manages the development and implementation if branch operations strategies to ensure target levels of production. Will manage the process(s), reporting, and resolution of escalated issues to ensure customer satisfaction in accordance with company performance standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, the Operations Supervisor may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
- Manages branch to target levels of production for service of installs.
- Manages tech. staffing levels based on marked demands and sales volume.
- Insures the highest levels of customer satisfaction based on the performance of branch operations.
- Directs the commercial and residential installation and service scheduling to the optimal level of backlog.
- Manage service drag to targeted levels.
- Inputs installation quality of service quality by managing the installations service projects of the branch.
- This job supervises residential installers, service technicians and commercial installers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Direct workflow and assign action items to representatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to three years experience in the alarm industry and two to three years supervisory or managerial experience.
- Associates degree from a college or university preferred and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High degree of knowledge of standards/practices and panels commonly used in the alarm industry.
- PC management experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Appropriate local/state licensing as required.
- NICET Level II or equivalent certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.