SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing day to day operations for a branch, which has commercial and residential sales activities. Oversees the quality and production of management/non-management personnel. Directs and supervises effective procedures to maintain or exceed Field Operations metrics. Assumes responsibility for the attainment of all financial and operational objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. The General Manager may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all assigned management personnel intervene in matters involving customer or employee relations, where indicated, to prevent or resolve problems; disciplines staff as appropriate following company guidelines and procedures.
- Plans and enforces established procedures to monitor, maintain, and/or exceed the Field Operations metrics such as placement revenue, cost per subscriber, SG&A budgets, new owner installations, service backlogs, and operations surveys for all assigned branches and Central Stations.
- Participates in regional branch goals by developing forecast and coordinating pertinent information with Regional Director; prepares budgets, and delivers presentations to other members of management in regional meetings regarding assigned area of responsibilities.
- Oversees all branch operations safety programs to ensure a safe work environment; ensures the stock room and fleet vehicles for each assigned branch are properly stocked with equipment and products.
- Visits assigned branchesand conducts employee meetings to reinforce Protection One field operations goals and objectives, to determine training requirements and to communicate any legislation/regulatory issues with the assigned staff that could impact local area(s).
- Responsible for the cleanliness and regular maintenance of fleet vehicles and overall professional appearance of all assigned branch and Central Station.
- Oversees and manages annual budget.
- Directs and supervises management, technical, and administrative personnel who: trouble shoot/diagnose alarm equipment problems; perform appropriate modifications/changes to installed equipment, conduct training in the operation/maintenance of new alarm systems, perform dealer inspections, prepare reports, resolve customer system problems, schedules and/or dispatch service calls, and may perform electronic monitoring surveillance.
- Evaluates and provides timely performance feedback for all management, technical and administrative personnel; ensures maximum productivity of branch operations through effective recruiting, training, coaching and development of branch personnel.
- Decisions in this role are made within company policy constraints, and have a combined financial impact on Protection One; and in regards to work flow and employee assignments, labor, billing, and customer service.
- This position is accountable for all assigned preparation and compliance for respective area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of the Security Industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and/or management.
- Knowledge of business computer hardware and software, and be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, various databases, and spreadsheets.
- Must demonstrate the required skills to analyze applicable information, formulate solutions, and develop feasible recommendations.
- Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills including being organized, self-motivated, dependable, perceptive, decisive, objective, tactful, assertive, and persuasive.
- Must present a professional image to obtain the confidence, trust, and cooperation of the customer.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, a professional attitude, and maintain high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding and customer service skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, exercise good judgment, and be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and depth perception.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat.
- Normal Office Environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA); or five to seven years work-related experience to include five years of supervisor/management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicable state and local licenses as required.
- Must have valid drivers license issued by the state in which they reside and proper automobile registration.
- Proof of insurance for personal automobile liability with limits no lower than the financial responsibility limits required by the state where the employee resides. Failure to maintain this insurance will result in corrective actions being taken, up to and including termination.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc and Network Multifamily Security Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.