SUMMARY: Responsible for the design and sale of Access Control, CCTV, Burglar, Intercom and Fire Systems to commercial businesses. Develops new business prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of security systems and/or services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Commercial Security Consultant may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Makes contact with businesses through on-site cold calls and networking by visiting properties and talking to management or owners.
- Takes leads from existing customer base and develops new customer base.
- Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of security systems and services.
- Responsible for assigned monthly sales quota.
- Calls on customers.
- Calls on prospects identified by Protection One as well as those identified through self generation activities.
- Prepares bids, and follows-up on outstanding bids.
- Provides customer service (handling and resolving customer problems).
- Pursues new business.
- None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- This job may involve working with 110-volt electricity and may involve working around 120-volt electricity.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to three years experience in business to business sales; or a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicable state and local licenses as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license issued by the state in which they reside and proper automobile registration.
- Proof of insurance for personal automobile liability with limits no lower than the financial responsibility limits required by the state where the employee resides. Failure to maintain this insurance will result in corrective actions being taken, up to and including termination.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc and Network Multifamily Security Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.