SUMMARY: Keeps office building or similar building in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, the Custodian may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Maintains building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities.
- Replaces air conditioner filters.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk.
- Mows lawn, trims shrubbery, and cultivates flowers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations
- Must be proficient with a telephone, copier, and fax.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to be flexible and able to handle more than one task at a time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and use hands to handle; push; pull or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to stand.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.