SUMMARY: Contacts and collects on past due accounts. Makes payment arrangements with customers and provides excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Collections Representative I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Receives and places inbound and outbound collection calls.
- Negotiates balances on customer accounts.
- Performs account analysis.
- Handles cancellations of non-pay of customer accounts.
- Makes payment arrangements with customers.
- Reviews aging.
- Responds to written correspondence.
- Writes up regular cancels when necessary.
- Processes account financial adjustments.
- Assists in special projects.
- Requests contracts when necessary.
- Performs customer account research.
- Responds to miscellaneous letter requests.
- Documents actions taken.
- Reviews account documentation for accuracy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Decision-making and judgment skills are necessary for this position.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Frequent need for problem analysis and resolution.
- Requires keyboard skills (ability to type 30 wpm), 10-key experience, and telephone skills.
- Must have a high level of patience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively deal with daily customer contact regarding customer accounts via telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- Ability to effectively handle occasional person to person contact with customers who come into the office.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Certain positions may require bilingual abilities.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- £ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- £ The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- £ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- £ Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six months collection experience and/or training and customer service experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.