SUMMARY: Perform installation of customer's residential alarm system and its components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Residential Installer II may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Acknowledge, implement, and enforce all Protection One policies and procedures.
- Maintain an on-going library of all Protection One policies, procedures, and technical manuals.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor (billing reports, data entry information, time cards, etc.)
- Attend classroom and field training as required.
- Comply with Protection One's vehicle policy.
- Maintain the appropriate truck stock supplies/tools/equipment.
- Maintain the appropriate basic hand tools necessary to perform required duties.
- Maintain good driving record.
- Perform new system installations.
- Perform system upgrades.
- Perform system additions.
- Perform customer instruction on system operation and functionality.
- Perform system testing and signal verification.
- Must be able to perform basic system design.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform installation of concealed devices and wiring.
- Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, and testing.
- Must be able to read diagrams and blueprints.
- Basic understanding of local and national codes.
- None Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours.
- Must be able to drive at night.
- Must be able to bend and work in tight spaces.
- This job involves working with 110-volt electricity.
- This position involves the possibility of crawling under structures or in attics.
- The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one year minimum alarm industry installation technician experience or equivalent or proof of equivalent knowledge and skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicable state and local licenses where required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc and Network Multifamily Security Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.