SUMMARY: The primary function of this position is to assist customers with system trouble and user operations. Assist service personnel with advanced programming a trouble shooting methods. Assist in training new personnel and interrupt new products and technologies. Schedule service calls for assign branch offices and process misdirected calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, the Technical Support Representative II may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Assist customers with technical questions.
- Assist technicians with technical questions.
- Assist internal customers with technical questions.
- Collaborate with help desk personnel.
- Schedule branch service calls.
- Resolve branch “no-shows” by negotiating with client and branch office to secure priority reschedule appointments.
- Reroute misdirected calls to the appropriate department.
- Must be able to assist with on call rotation
- Position requires weekend, holiday and shift work and may require mandatory overtime.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Knowledge of overall company functions, including sales, ordering, collections and service.
- Must have excellent alarm technology skills, including troubleshooting, installation, monitoring and programming.
- Patience is a key to assisting irate customers and foreign language customers.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication, listening, and telephone skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making, independent judgment, problem analysis, and negotiating skills.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Occasional need for creativity, mentoring, and training skills.
- Continuous use of discretion is necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competingdemands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be available in on call situations.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two years field work in the alarm industry or customer service; and two years experience with Ademco products or similar control products.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- NBFAA Level I certificate is required.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.